New partnership between Newfoundland and Doctorcall is the first of its kind and aims to streamline the entire UK patient diagnostic journey
- Post pandemic backlogs for the NHS making it increasingly difficult for the British public to secure GP appointments WHERE and WHEN they want one
- New partnership means public can take health into their own hands with a fast diagnosis at home, immediate follow up GP advice over the phone, video call, or in person 24/7, 365 days a year and easy digital access to prescriptions for treatment
- Both companies are passionate about simplifying healthcare and making it MORE accessible to MORE people
London, 14 August 2023:
TWO of the UK’s leading medical service providers have joined forces to offer for the first time a simple test and treat solution.
The diagnostic health journey for millions of Brits is about to change forever, turbo charging the patient journey from a quicker initial diagnosis to instantaneous follow up appointments with their GP.
The new ground-breaking partnership will also make it hassle-free to receive digital e-prescriptions for their treatment – all from the comfort of their own home.
Newfoundland, the leading provider of at home, self-diagnostic tests in the UK, and Doctorcall, the first company of its kind to offer telemedicine and in-person GP services for individuals and corporate clients, is helping the British public take their health into their own hands – with a focus on speed, efficiency and personal choice.
Newfoundland offers a variety of rapid at-home tests (tests take on average 5 mins), allowing people to screen for a number of health conditions and illnesses in a matter of minutes, in the comfort of their own home all available nationally from Tesco.
Doctorcall provides professional medical advice from a trusted GP when and how you need it, whether that’s an immediate video call to discuss your test results, or an in-person house call for the next day after work – they’ve got you covered.
The two brands are also working hard to digitally streamline one of the biggest frustrations that patients can encounter – securing prescriptions for their medication in a timely fashion.
Co-founder of Newfoundland, Frederick Manduca, said: “One of our key aims when we started Newfoundland was to provide the public with an opportunity to take their health into their own hands, as well as helping to alleviate pressure on the NHS and simplifying the entire diagnostic process for patients themselves.
“We’re particularly excited to be partnering with Doctorcall to launch their service on our website and app, as they also share a passion for streamlining the consumer health journey and we hope by making this resource available to our customers, it will allow more people to be proactive with their health and potentially save their life or catch a condition before it could develop into an issue.”
NHS doctor and author of Your Health in Your Hands, Dr Emeka Okorocha, said: “The pandemic has played a huge role in how seriously we take our health. With lateral flow tests becoming a normal part of daily life, it’s no surprise that more of the nation is open to at home testing for a myriad of health concerns.”
Dr Charles Levinson, Doctorcall Medical Director, commented: “Accelerating and streamlining the process from initial test to diagnosis is vital. Pandemic delays have significantly disrupted millions of patient pathways – leading to stress, suffering and worsened outcomes. This ground-breaking partnership will enable patients to take control of their health, getting ahead of potential issues and therefore giving themselves the best chance at a swift recovery.
“Too often in modern healthcare, the patient view is disregarded. Doctorcall, alongside Newfoundland, is empowering our clients to receive the very best care available on a timescale that suits their schedule.”
FULL RANGE OF TESTS:
● Bowel Health (RRP: £9.99 for 1 test) – A rapid lateral flow test for the detection of human occult blood in faeces to aid in the diagnosis of bowel cancer)
● Covid-19 (RRP: 1.99 for 1 test) – A rapid test for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid antigens in anterior nasal swab specimens. For self-testing
● Iron Deficiency (RRP: £7.99 for 1 test) – A rapid self-test for the detection of ferritin in human fingerstick blood to determine iron deficiency and anaemia
● Kidney Health (RRP: £7.99 for 1 test) – A rapid self-test for the detection of microalbumin in urine to aid in the early diagnosis of kidney disease
● Male Fertility (RRP: £12.49 for 1 test) – A rapid self-test for the qualitative detection of sperm concentration in human semen. Test results of less than 15 million cells/ml are an indicator of male infertility
● Menopause (RRP: £9.99 for 2 tests) – A rapid self-test for the detection of follicle stimulating hormone in urine to evaluate the onset of menopause in women
● Thyroid (RRP: £9.99 for 1 test) – A rapid self-test for the detection of human thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) in whole blood to help diagnose an under-active thyroid
● Vitamin D (RRP: £7.99 for 1 test) – A rapid self-test for the detection of 25-hydroxyvitamin D in fingerstick whole blood to identify vitamin D deficiency
● Prostate Health (RRP £12.99 for 1 test) – A rapid test for the detection of prostate specific antigen (PSA) in whole blood / serum / plasma samples to help diagnose prostate cancer and prostate abnormalities
● UTI (RRP £9.87 for 3 tests per pack) – A rapid self-test for the detection of leukocytes and nitrates in urine to determine the presence of a urinary tract infection